Tuesday 17 January 2012

Christmas Trip Arrivals


The arrival in Vienna during Christmas time is always fantastic! Look at this wonderful Christmas tree in front of the station!!! My train from Bologna was 3 hours delayed for its arrival in Vienna, so I missed my connection. But: after the first shock this wasn't a bad thing at all but turned out to be really great! The station West has been renewed during the last years and has been reopened only some weeks ago. Now that there's also a shopping mall and a food hall, I couldn't stop wandering around and doing some sales shopping as well. 

I bought some goodies to eat in the train, as I had skipped the breakfast in the Italian train and now it was already past lunchtime. I opted for a fresh Austrian sandwich, made of spelt flour and seeds filled with cream cheese, salad, carrots, turkey and cress. It was sooo good and felt so healthy.


Of course I also needed a "dessert"... so I bought my childhood favourites: Vanilla milk and a sugar "Kipferl". 


Unfortunately the Vanilla milk was a bit disappointing, it just doesn't taste the same any longer. They added some weird aromas... gotta search for the right tasting brand!

And then... the discovery of the year! The Bubbles Tea Bar!!! It's kind of a coffee shop, but only with tea, fruit juice and smoothie varieties. You can compose your own favourite tea, to be chosen from black, white, green, red or fruit tea and then add creamer, milk, coconut milk etc... Now comes the best: the topping! Here there's a choice of big, chewy jelly balls in different flavours (great idea! - the straw comes supersized in diameter in order to be able to suck up the jelly as well!), or pieces of lychee, mango, etc.
My choice was the "traditional taro tea with milk and tapioca pearls". Only some days before we tried a taro (chinese potato, as weird as it sounds) sweet from the Chinese grocery store, and we quite liked it, so I couldn't skip to try this tea! I could easily drink some litres of it!


The arrival on return was at the station in Bologna in January. Thankful for being picked up at 5 am we went straight away for breakfast at a caf'è near the station, going for the traditional Italian breakfast:



Espresso with a hazelnut cream filled croissant! Mmmhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment