Monday 30 January 2012

Golden Toast



Ok, I know. Toast. Plain white bread. Doesn't sound that interesting! But.... that's the secret.... the bread is home made!
It's just like the bought one but you know what's inside and that makes this bread even better! I've tried a ham and cheese melt with ketchup as well as toasted and buttered slices with jam and both versions are heavenly good.
I used this recipe "Goldener Toast". I baked it, cut the loaf into slices and put it in the freezer. In this way I always have fresh bread for warm sandwiches available. The absolutely best thing to get also the shape right would be to bake it in those special closed baking tins for this kind of bread. Sooner or later I'll get one!

Golden Toast


Golden Toast

Golden Toast in the freezer


No comments:

Post a Comment