Wednesday 11 January 2012

Let's Start With Birthday


Hi everybody! I'm back again after a long time, but now I have a brand new camera and I'll learn how to use it to give you better photos!

Here's my - homecooked, but (more than) restaurant quality - 7 course Birthday Dinner.
All that below cooked from scratch in 2 hours! That's a cook! ;-)





It all started with a variety of smoked fish. 3 different kinds of salmon, tuna and swordfish on a Lurpak-buttered toast with fresh horseradish and freshly ground black pepper...


Scallop... pure heaven! Crispy outside and creamy inside... in well balanced spice oil, perfect to dip some toast in!


Corkfish alla Catalana - this is a fish similar to mackerel, which apparently wasn't available on the fish market. It's been a good substitute: steamed and covered with fresh ingredients like onion, tomatoes and olives.


Also the side dish, the salad, was fish inspired: Radicchio di Treviso with rinsed anchovy fillets, pitted olives and walnuts, dressed simply with olive oil, salt and pepper. That would make a perfectly healthy and super tasty (also glamorous) lunch...


A skewer of fresh, grilled sardines was next.


The last course was a crispy oven baked salmon fillet. Delicious!

A dinner consisting of all me favourite fish... what can one wish for more? All this beauty was accompanied by "Gewuerztraminer", which I found out to be my favourite white wine. Also a bottle some glasses of champagne were appreciated!



But... wait... there's more.... A BIRTHDAY CAKE!



I am lucky to have such a good chef at home!

1 comment: