Friday 11 March 2011

Lent


As you might know, one should prefer fish to meat in lent (this is old catholic traditions). Recently we really ate loads of fish, and my man became verrryyyy good in cooking fish. This was our pre-Ash Wednesday experience, as in reality it still was Mardi Gras, but hey - good food doesn't care when exactly it is eaten!
Anyway I prefer not to eat too much on Ash Wednesday, let's say - I don't wanna make a feast of eating fish on this special day like many people do nowadays, which I really don't find correct.

As a starter we had smoked salmon and fresh marinated sardines on toasted, buttered bread. I had mine with a dash of mustard, which I love with salmon.

Linguine with seafood: The first time my man made it for me 6 years ago, I simply couldn't eat those "bugs of the sea"...it looked too disgusting. By now, I got used to it and even learned to love it!
Seafood sauce for pasta
Baked fish in the oven: Thanks to a friend who every now and then brings us some huge fish, which we eat together then, we make oven baked fish with vegetables around. That's so yummy AND healthy!


For dessert I was lazy and didn't bake anything. A friend brought "castagnole" - the fancy kind, which is kind of fried choux pastry balls coated with sugar and filled with Nutella or cream.

With this feast we had my favourite white wine, Gewuerztraminer, another bottle of white wine which I didn't taste and to close with we opened a bottle of  "visciole" (sweet cherry wine from the Ancona area). Just had a sip but I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment