Wednesday 27 April 2011

Easter Lamb


Another childhood memory now, that I'm grown up, made by myself: A sweet Easter Lamb for Easter Sunday breakfast. When I was little, my sister always said that the ass of the lamb is sooo gross and that it is soooo disgusting to eat an ass.... well, in the end I never ever ate the ass because I was really disgusted. And why did she do that?? Just to have one piece of cake more than me!!



I gave one lamb to my neighbours as a Easter present and kept one for myself. I experimented with orange flower water in the dough, but I can tell you: stick to good old lemon zest if you really need to add something, it works better. Gives a much better taste!


It is a very easy dough, just like a muffin. All you need is to find the special tin.

RECIPE
INGREDIENTS
400 g flour
300 g powdered suger
1 packet vanilla sugar
1 packet baking powder
250 ml yoghurt
125 ml vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp rum

Mix all the dry ingredients, mix all the wet ingredients. Then wisk together both. That's it. Pour into well greased tin. Bake at 180°C for approx. 1 hour or until done.
Cover in powdered sugar and stick in cloves for the eyes.
Give it a nice ribbon band around the neck. Ready!


1 comment:

  1. People please leave a comment for me!!! Much appreciated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete