Wednesday 16 February 2011

I'm Here To Stay


I'm back again and now I'm here to stay!
We simply cook and eat too good for not sharing it!

Me and Big Ben (cold.very cold.)
I stopped interrupted blogging when we went off for our UK weekend:

It all started with a friend's birthday party with Brazilian party food and homemade cake and truffles in the afternoon. As we stayed only for one and a half day, we needed to fit in my beloved Indian food somewhere, therefore after the party, Mr. went to get some. While it was being prepared, he had a super chat and some beer with the Indian guy... and paid really a friendship price!

Indian variety

The first Ginger beer in my life! Love love love it - send over a box, please!

The next day we shopped til we dropped - so we needed a wholesome snack... we found "Square Pie" at the Ms Selfridges food hall. Love it!

Pie + mash + peas + gravy

Spinach feta pie + mash + peas

finally I know how a REAL mince pie tastes! the Apple Crumble wasn't the best... the Cookie ok
In the afternoon we had a reservation at The Wolseley for their famous Afternoon Tea. Really great and posh location.
Scones (ooohhhh!), mignon sweets, sandwiches


Afternoon tea at The Wolsely - very posh 

Afternoon tea at The Wolsely - fantastic mignon sweets

Afternoon tea sandwiches
In the evening we went out for Mexican Dinner with our friends.... and started off with Strawberry Margarita... unfortunately I didn't have a lot of it! I simply drank too slowly (or the others too fast)!!! Later on we ordered also a jug of regular Margarita, which went down straight also for me!

Strawberry Margherita @ Greenwich

 Our Mexican food plates (really everything was delicious):

Baked potato skin with shrimps and guacamole (that was mine)
Mr.'s dish (can't remember the name, but it was with chicken I'm sure)

Our All-Time-Favourite: perfect NACHOS
Mango sorbet (not my favourite)




No comments:

Post a Comment