Friday 18 February 2011

My Very Own Spice Cake Recipe

Spiced bundt cake
This is a bundt cake that can't be missed during the festive season - my very own spice cake.

Very own because it's my recipe. Once, a long time ago, I took a similar recipe and then developed it to its recent form - perfectly balanced. Thanks god I wrote it down, so I can replicate it every year! (Too many recipes are lost because of not writing them).

Spiced bundt cake - Recipe:

250 g butter
250 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
4 eggs (whole)
almond aroma oil
2 tsp. gingerbread spice
2 tsp. cacao (unsweetened)
350 g wheat flour
4 tsp. baking powder
200 ml milk
rum, orange zest, a pinch of salt
bit of icing sugar

Cream butter, add eggs, then sugar and all the rest. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and bake in the preheated oven.  From 160°C increasing to 190°C for approx. 45 mins. Dust with icing sugar. Enjoy.

I buy gingerbread spice ready packed. It's available in Austria, but not in Italy. If you want to mix your own, these are the ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander seed, fennel seed, ginger, clove, all spice, aniseed, star-anise, pepper, cardamom.

No comments:

Post a Comment